Sunday, September 10, 2006

Wiring Harness Work

Spent about 2 hours working on the B today. Finished taking detailed pictures of all of the various wiring sections on the body (haven't done underneath yet though). Got the very front of the harness disconnected - the headlights and horns. Also took out some various sections behind the dash. There are a million connections on the harness, man! I thought I could pull it out easily, but I see it's going to take a couple sessions to get this task done....

Also removed the fuel pump, looks like it's an aftermarket one, as it says AC on it. But it looks like the SU style, versus the solid-state box-type. I noticed that the battery boxes are in excellent shape. But I think there is some pretty good rust behind the driver's side front fender... When I removed the foot-operated light dimmer switch, the bolts seemed very rusty....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home